Thursday, February 28, 2013

This is a picture from down by the creek that runs under the bridge below the farm. The creek is part of the North Branch of the Honey Creek, and we are lucky to have this wonderful asset on the farm. I'd like it protected, but what happened yesterday in Madison, the government removing protections from filling in wetlands and waterways, this creek might be threatened. There has been water on this property throughout my lifetime, and probably before my life started and my great grandfather's life also! It's sad that our country is no longer cognizant of the value of these places in nature that provide us with such peace..
   So, today is Feb 28, 2013 and it was cloudy and cool all day. There is a comforting fire in the stove, and the dogs, Scooby and Shadow are here at my feet. The chickens gave me 5 eggs today..I took a picture of the rooster and chickens..I also have a chance to get a little goat or two..have to run that by brother Les..he'd be taking care of them this summer..I am also thinking of getting a couple beef steers to fatten up! Need to do that so we have meat in the freezer..Doesn't seem like there are any buyers out there for the farm. I guess 1.8 million is a little high for the farm, but I'm thinking of everyone, and don't want to take any less. We'll eventually sell, but may be some less than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment